Friday, May 14, 2010

Getting Organized for the Move

My first course of action for any new project in my life is to conduct research - it is my background and my profession, so I always feel much more in control when I have researched and investigated everything I can about a particular subject. Getting ready to jump into this move with both feet, I immediately scoured the web for guides and suggestions and tools to help me through this most massive project. The first tool I found that I'd like to share is a neat Moving Calendar. It's located at www.move.com and it gives a great way to plan your move. Now, when i entered a few bits of data about my move date, where I was moving from and to, and whether I had pets or children (both!),it kicked out a list of 120 "to-do" items. Not all were necessarily relevant (there were a bunch up front on curb appeal and how to sell your home, which I am already past) so I just deleted those from the checklist. I liked feeling as if I had given a few things a thought, and there were some immediate flags that I hadn't thought of (if we have to store our stuff for a bit, we need to be sure our home owner's insurance policy covers the storage). So, this was a great way to get started and put my mindset in MOVE mode.


http://moving.move.com/move/calendar/moving-calendar.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment